Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rain shadow

I've had the suspicion these many years that we are living in a rain shadow. Often when I drive a few miles south, it starts pouring. That doesn't make sense though, we get a lot of snow, hmmm...it is a mystery. Maybe the snow makes it over the mountain, but the rain gets stuck. Lo and behold, it has just started snowing out my window.

I went outside to check it out, and look at what I found.

They're back. Thanks for the tip, K.

I did drag out the hoses this morning and water. So it should pour with rain now. But just a flurry of snow so far. Nothing has sprouted in the box, it's been about a week.

The flower poll is over and it's a tie between lavender and freesia. I voted honeysuckle, for sentimental reasons. My second choice would have to be freesia, or any of the others...I admit, it was an unfair question. Also, I forgot lilac (one thing we can actually grow here), and jasmine. Anyway, thanks for voting! On to the next poll...

No comments: