Sunday, June 1, 2008

Is it June already?

...this time of year flies by so fast, I'd like to slow it down and spread it out over a whole year. Speaking of cherry blossoms, the choke cherry blossoms opened up yesterday. I love this tree, the deer never (knock wood) touch it for some reason. Maybe it makes them choke. Slammy brought it home from something or other one day. I think I'll go out and buy a hundred of them.
Something else the deer leave alone. The lilac is blooming.

It's raining again, I am so glad. The way I love rain, we should be in Western Washington. I don't think I'd appreciate the flooding too much, though. I hear from kinfolk that it is hot and dry in California, and they already had a big fire. I feel guilty now for bragging about the rain and all the beauty it brings. I hope they get some relief soon, I know how it feels to live in fear of fire. It happens here around August, and I just hold my breath each day, hoping nothing bad happens. (Sometimes, I think, what gall we people have, to build our houses out in the woods and then get upset when a fire comes through.)
We weren't getting any April showers this year, and I was getting nervous, as the forest got crunchier and crunchier. I even broke out a rain dance. You gotta try everything. Here in the Inland Northwest, rain is precious. Thank you, Rain! (If it makes you folks down south feel any better, the mosquitoes are on us like a plague of locusts.)
Bird news...
Beauty came back, but not long enough for me to get a good picture, so shy!


Our little executioners are back too, after an absence of a couple months. They're hard to photograph, like Chickadees, because they never stop moving.

Dark-eyed Junco
I'm getting a new camera, so maybe the pictures will improve, yay!

Gardening news...

I got two beautiful new perennials for my birthday...now...where to put them...oh honeeey! I need a new flower bed!

I made the row cover into a tent. Nothing has disturbed it yet, maybe they think it's a ghost. If that dog comes back he'll probably charge it.


The zucchini is blooming in the house! The right moon sign for planting isn't till June 5! That moon sign gardening is a bit tyrannical, what if I don't feel like doing this or that on a certain day? If I leave it in a pot outside, maybe it will make miniature zucchini...


It's 55 degrees and raining at 8:00 am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like a tropical bird to me............