Friday, March 20, 2009

Good Clean Fun

I've been saving all these netted bags for some purpose, I didn't know what.  They look like the kind of thing that would end up in the ocean and entangle animals.  So today I got a suet cake for the woodpeckers and discovered that my feeder was all black and gungy.  Not a keeper, since it was made with wood.  I've read that people put hunks of suet in these net bags, so I decided to use one for the block, and then I got carried away and made ones full of thistle seed and sunflower mix.  I knew I'd find a good use for these bags!  I think they may stay cleaner and clean up better than regular bird feeders too, we'll have to see.  It's possible that the birds will rip them to shreds and choke and die on the plastic.  But since it's OTGF, I won't ponder on that.


6 comments:

janet copenhaver said...

They look so purdy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

you bird feeder you. most likely the net will get a hole and all the seed will poor out.

Gnome said...

One thing I didn't think of...rain...wet seeds

Milla said...

They look a bit like...like...catchers for the spirit of the forest.

Slammy said...

PRETTY!