Monday, April 28, 2008

Finally a warm day

This is our house.
It was really nice this weekend, 60s in the shade, much warmer in the sun. All the birds were shopping for houses. The W. bluebirds were competing with Tree swallows and other W. bluebirds for this house. Even a Mountain bluebird was checking it out.


Someone else was enjoying the weather too.

It may be too early to plant flowers, but I did anyway.


Calendula Cosmos SunflowerI planted these, plus forget-me-nots, poppies and gaillardia.

We started some flowers and vegetables inside, and now I'm hardening them off. J's plant light set up worked very well. It's adjustable so the light can be raised when the plants get bigger. These seedlings are the least spindly I have ever raised indoors. The lights are these new skinny fluorescents that save energy.
The garden is ready to be worked in. If only I were ready to work.


K reported a hummingbird sighting today, so I'm putting up the feeder. It's 60 degrees (in the shade), and warm and sunny, despite the forecasted rain. I'm out of birdseed, and the birds have gone elsewhere.

No comments: