Monday, June 1, 2009

Knock knock!

Anybody home?  
I had a visitor on Friday.  We've been having a little heat wave, and I guess I'm not the only one who isn't ready for it.  She was panting and very thirsty and tired.  But also curious.
She checked out the pool.
The garage.
She found the water.

And drank it all.
Then she had a little rest in the shade.

Her feet were dainty.
Her tail too.
She headed off into the forest,  and I told her she was welcome to come back...as long as she didn't eat my plants.
She gave me a sly grin, and said, but of course.

3 comments:

janet copenhaver said...

That is just to cute!

Dori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Milla said...

I found this post quite moving. I don't know if it is the words you used for the visitor or the fact that you made the link between yourself and her, how you both felt about the heat weave, or the pictures...

The ending is perfect ;-)