Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Arrives

Grass!
55 degrees!  
And, oh yes...we have a new darling.
He doesn't have a name yet.  William, Jinxy, Scotty and Tito have been considered.  How about Camo?
Or maybe Destructo.
On mommy's lap.
He's Slammy's baby, so she gets to name him.  And clean up after him.  Unless she's at school...
Luckily, he sleeps a lot.

Mini rose at the kitchen window.
The guys covered the greenhouse.  I may plant some peas in there today if the ground has thawed.
The Juncos are plentiful this year.  
And well fed!
This Spring's Fashions

A grey coat with tails, trimmed in black.

An eye-catching vest in burnt orange completes the look.

Distinguished in any setting.


It's 42 degrees, sunny at 9:30 am.

8 comments:

janet copenhaver said...

Our grass looks about the same here in Denver. Thank god for the little bit of snow we got.
We already put our snow peas in or at least a couple rows. Need to transplant pepper plants into larger containers. Started some tomatoes yesterday, probably to late and will need to buy plants.
That kitty sure is cute. Wish I could have one, but son allergic and dogs are cat killers. BAD DOGS!

Gnome said...

Its to hot. How can you take it. It feels like I'm melting. I almost broke a sweat today. Ugh I can't wait for fall.

slammy said...

he's the baby gotta love him.

Milla said...

Such gorgeous, gorgeous pictures.
Don't you just love spring? The colours are more vivd than in summer; life is beautiful after the darkness of the winter days.
I love the way you see the birds' feathers, as if on a fashion catwalk, it's brilliant.

And your new feline! Adorable!

Gnome said...

That comment from Gnome was Dad. I LOVE heat.

Dori said...

Whoa. I thought Gnome was suffering from a heat-induced multiple personality disorder or something!

Congrats on the kitty. Did you come up with a name yet? I'm hoping you'll do a poll so I can vote against William or Scotty.

Gnome said...

Good idea!

This Eclectic Life said...

Fantastic pictures (and I want your greenhouse...think the guys would set one up for me?)