Friday, May 15, 2009

Lunch

Oh yum, I love lunch.  My favorite kind is a bunch of stuff on a plate with salad dressing.  Here's what I had today (I know, this is a cliche to write about my lunch):

Baby greens
Baguette slices
Hummus
Raspberries and Blackberries
Cheddar Cheese
and The Dressing--Australian Olive Oil (first time I've tried it, it is good!) Rice Vinegar, Water, Chopped garlic, Salt and Pepper.
...and an organic beverage.

I started this plate of random stuff habit many years ago at my sister's house, and she thought I was a loon.  I would get kippers, salad vegetables, cheese, french bread and oil and vinegar dressing.  Oh my gooness, it was good.

I went shopping today, that's why we have yummy food.  It should last about 4 days,  if we're lucky.  I think if people had yummy food all the time they'd be happier.  Eating should always be a pleasure, not a bore or a chore.  It is a chore when you're eating low quality, processed foods. Whenever I feel down, I go back to the garlic, olive oil and fresh fruits and vegies and it really helps.  I think fresh garlic may be nature's anti-depressent.  You won't win many friends or influence people, but you'll be happy about it.

8 comments:

Dori said...

YUM. That looks great, and so healthy too.

I tried to make a resolution a long time ago that I would only eat things that I really loved. It's funny how hard it is to stick with that though, for some reason...mainly because you run out of the best food first. Or sometimes other people want to eat things you don't like that much.

janet copenhaver said...

That's my kind of food! Wish it was my other half's kind of food.

Milla said...

Ohh that looks like a great salad -I love crazy combinations like yours.

Incidentally, I am here at your blog because Zorro told me you have a recipe for a leek and potato soup which he liked, adn which I am supposed to cook for him on Monday when he comes back (for a few hours, then we goa way together). I hope I find it!!

Milla said...

I can't find it...

Gnome said...

Leek and potato? Not me! Though it does sound good...

Slammy said...

Uh-huh.
Then you go to the doctors and they're like, yeah and you need to take this pill this pill this pill, and you should probably take this one also if you want to live, maybe. Then eating becomes a chore.
Like brushing your teeth and flossing makes sleeping a chore.

Gnome said...

Ok, those are only vitamins, and they have nothing to do with eating. Brushing and flossing wouldn't be so important if you didn't eat so much sugar!

mimimom said...

Looks like a picture out of Gourmet mag! So yummy and fresh looking - and I like the picture too.