Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Perfect day


I went on a nice bike ride in the forest today with one of my very best friends. I got this bike at a yard sale last summer and it works well. Never did get around to planting, it was too nice of a day to worry about that. Read my book on the lawn chair for a bit...


The weather is perfect, low 70s. The grass is green, the flowers are blooming, it's spring! And the birds are singing. This is why we live here, why we put up with all that snow, all those grey skies, all that cold...for spring, and these two...

Western bluebird on last year's mullein.

Mountain bluebird in grand fir by his nest box.It's 67 degrees at 7:20 pm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet bike. Is it for sale. I want it. Give it to me. Now.
The grass looks nice. I like the color.
Low 70s is pretty perfect weather.
67 degrees??? I thought you said low 70s!?