Saturday, June 14, 2008

It's been a long week

Being superstitious, I couldn't help wondering on Thursday if my last post jinxed The Ranch, (it was a Friday the 13th week). I am so so happy The Ranch and all of its inhabitants are safe and very grateful to the fire fighters who risked their lives to stop the fire. I'd like to bake each of them a pie, or some cookies, but that wouldn't suffice. We should do something for them though...they deserve a great deal of thanks and love.

What a week! I won't complain about cold, wet weather anymore, (at least not for a while). I'll try to send some of the rain down south, and if that doesn't work, I'll wish some fog on you. Yes, Dori, you were right. Fog is good. I hope you guys get lots of it, and have a safe summer.

Pale Swallowtail

It's 70 degrees, mostly sunny and breezy at 4:00 pm.

3 comments:

janet copenhaver said...

What a beautiful shot. Yes those firefighters deserve a pie or two, maybe a months supply.
So glad the ranch and critters are safe. Now all those gophers will be moving back in. lol

Anonymous said...

Man that is a sweet picture of a swallowtail.
I don't think Idaho gets fog very much but new things could happen.
I am very glad that the ranch wasn't burnt down. It is very good news and I hope that it isn't in danger of burning down ever again.

Gnome said...

Otis--I hope it never burns down either. I think Uncle is doing everything he can to prevent that.
J--those darn gophers probably never left, they have a safe haven down in their tunnels. Did you ever get your bull snake?