Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Warmer places

Ok, this weather is starting to really bother me. I've tried being patient and good natured about it, but now I've had it with 43 degrees at 9:30 on a well-into-June morning! It's cloudy and cold and drippy. On GMA they say, "the only cool part of the country is the Pacific Northwest, everywhere else is hot." How many times a year does that happen? Many many. Too many!



The Ranch
I know a place that's warm and toasty right now. I can't go there as often as I'd like, but Dori's blog, Ranch Journal, is a good substitute when I need some sunshine. Ranch Journal is kind of the mother of our blogs and our inspiration. She started it a few years ago and we've been reading it ever since. One of our favorite posts is about a lizard that likes icecubes, check it out. Right now she's delving into AW's family history,(and bro has even started writing his own posts) which is quite amazing. We're hoping she gives an account of her family's history next.

A wave of sleet just passed over, yes I said sleet. It's 42 degrees at 10:30 am.

3 comments:

Dori said...

Wow! What a nice post. Thanks Gnomey. We wish you could visit more often too...and vice versa (it is our turn after all—we have not forgotten).

You're so right about the weather, but your weather sounds great to me right now. Yesterday it made it to 100 here, and today it's well on the way again. We're melttingggg. You might have to mop us up on your next visit.

Glad you like the lizard ice cube post. We were just looking at that one the other day and chuckling about it. That was one weird looking lizard.

Gnome said...

Wow, 100s don't sound very good either, isn't there a place with 70-80s? Oh yeah, that's Hawaii. I hope you're able to keep the ponds full in that heat. :)Gnomey

Anonymous said...

You should also go to Slammy's blog, if you want to wast time anyway.