Saturday, June 7, 2008

Not unusual for June

Some are going on, business as usual, despite the weather. But most are in hiding, waiting for the sun.

We've been looking all over the place for bugs to feed Coconut, but can't find a thing. Still buying crickets in June!

Brrrr! It's 47 degrees at 9:30 am. The wind is blowing, rain clouds are hanging in the sky. I thought we were a little late this year for a greenhouse, but maybe not.

Setting up the frame...

Rototilling (it had to be done, the ground is hard and rocky here.)
The guys did all this yesterday, thank you J and J!!! I can't wait to put squash, tomatoes and all those other heat lovers in here. But first we have to get the plastic on, and add some stuff to that rocky soil. I've got chicken manure, alfalfa fertilizer and the bottom of the compost pile to raid. Now all I need is some fish heads...I heard that Native American farmers bury fish heads under the squash to keep them fed.

The rain has started. The water kind of compensates for the cold.

The petunias are patiently waiting for the sun. I'm trying to be patient.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty cool green house you are making. I hope it works well. You are lucky to have such a nice son and husband to put that up for you. They must have had to put sooooooooo much effort into making it.

Dori said...

The green house will be awesome!! Good job J and J!

Gnome said...

I am very lucky. And I'm glad no fingers were lost to that sledge hammer.

Anonymous said...

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm............do the bumble bees poop on the chives. That would be disturbing considering...
You know what I think Xenon? I think you should make a blog. Then you can show off all you want. :XD