Sunday, March 15, 2009

All About Me

Hello, my name is Rusty.  This is my story.


Me, in my younger days.  Don't say anything about my ears.


My first friend, Silver.  She just up and disappeared one day...


Other friends I've had over the years:

Chickies, mouthwatering...

                                    

Kiki, she disappeared one day, just like Silver.

                                    

Pyewacket, cute little fella, don't know where he went either...



Now it's just me, and the humans.

It can be lonely at times.

But the peace and quiet is pretty nice.

And I have the laps all to myself.


Having the human's undivided attention has its pitfalls though.  Baths!  After scratching them to smithereens they're sorry for doing this to me.

Winter is boring.  I spend my days climbing onto the roof, trying to get into an upstairs window...

I wander the roof, until I find a window with a human behind it, and then I meow incessantly and claw at the window.
This time I saw one at a window I can't get to.  I didn't know what to do!

Then, I made the mistake of looking down.  Whooooaaaa...


But mostly in winter, I just sleep.

Sometimes on the dryer.


Sometimes by the fire, as close as I can get.


This is my "don't mess with me" pose.


I really prefer spring and summer, when I can go out for my morning nibble of grass...

...hunt for pesky varmints in the garden....


...and beyond...

...and of course, engage in one of my favorite pastimes, birdwatching.


Don't worry, I just watch, mostly.  They put this stupid bell on me and it doesn't scare the birds, but it throws me off my game.

Well, that's my life.  It's pretty rough.  In my next life I'm going to be a sloth.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you didn't mention how the bell disappeared one day.
But Rusty doesn't go after birds to much, mostly chipmunks. He's lead a pretty unoriginal life as far as cats go.
STILL CUTE THOUGH!

Milla said...

Oh, this is such a wonderful post!

I wonder about the cats that disappeared -I imagine they went into the woods, right?
Rusty is also very active. Pisko instead spends a lot of time sleeping either in the garden or indoors -mainly on my jumpers :)

How adorable Rusty is!! And great story, really.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious photos. He is quite the "poser," isn't he? And, so beautiful. I don't even want to ponder the cats who disappeared. We have coyotes. I know where disappeared cats go. Gulp!

Gnome said...

Yep, that's what we call him, Poser!