Thursday, March 19, 2009

You know what tomorrow is...


Rusty and I can't believe how much snow is still here.  His paws have disappeared!  But spring is coming.

Look who showed up!

Female Western Bluebird...
and male.

I was just lamenting to Janeywan that it's hard to take pictures of birds, because they run away as soon as they see me with the camera, like it's a gun or maybe a soul stealer.  So I had to be stealthy and take these from afar, behind some trees.  Just yesterday, the Western Bluebirds, Juncos, Robins and Finches all returned here together.  They must travel in a group.  I'm really happy to see them again.  The air is filled with bird song!

Just now the bluebird was attacking my bedroom window, I think he sees his reflection in it.  Isn't there a story or song about a bluebird at my window?

The willows have buds.
Ahhh mud.  You know it's spring when there's mud.
It's 50 degrees! and cloudy at 3:00 pm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we like the mud. some of us anyway

Milla said...

We are having an amzing spring in London! Everything is in bloom.
I don't know if I prefer spring when it is in full swing or when it is just beginning; I guess I'd like to have spring longer than summer (I don't like the heat), to enjoy the cool, bright sun for longer.

Gnome said...

Me too!