Monday, March 23, 2009

Living in the Moment

We had a great weekend, there were no commitments so we got to spend time together doing whatever we wanted.  On Saturday we shopped at the bead store for The Good Medicine Project, and got ice cream at Zips.  Then we had green beans and won tons at Noodle Express. We managed to squeeze in all the four food groups: Cream, sugar, fried food, and dipping sauce.

Slammy read The Art of Hand Reading, by Lori Reid, in the car.  It's an excellent book on palmistry with many illustrations and photos. 

On Sunday we got crafty and I drug out the sewing machine, which didn't die, thankfully, until I had finished mending Slammy's gypsy skirt and making a medicine bag.  I pity the kid who gets my bag.  Oh well, it's the thought that counts.  Slammy and I went for a chilly walk (Rusty declined) and collected rocks to make into pets.  She painted one of them, but seemed more interested in painting her hands. It's nice to know that she hasn't changed in that respect.  
Jr. and J worked on the Datsun.

I just went out and checked for daffodils, not a sign of them.  It's 30 degrees and there's a chill wind blowing.  The birds are absent, hunkered down in their nests.  

The receding snow is exposing many bent and broken trees.  The little Japanese Maple is thrashed.  Pretty soon it will be time to do some pruning, when it's a lot warmer.

The butterfly weed has come up.

These cedar nest boxes are $5 each (bargain!) at The ID Department of Fish and Game.  


Also this weekend, the WBH (World's Best Husband) put these up and cleaned out the third. Rusty can't get to the ones on the garage, because it has metal sides.  The one on the tree he may be able to climb to, if he discovers it.  However, I plan to keep him inside most of the time and arm myself with a squirt bottle on his supervised outdoor excursions, (a likely story).  I had a dream last night that we had a pet lion.  Hmm, I wonder who that could've symbolized. 

What can I say, it was on clearance...
   
If we keep the beast inside, he's got to have entertainment.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WBH he he

Anonymous said...

Oh, it sounds like an enjoyable weekend! I read "won tons" at first as meaning that you got a lot of money...and was going to hit you up, lol!
Stop grousing about your medicine bag! Any kid that gets it will be thrilled (and so will I).

While I respect your right to think you have the WBH, I will argue the point. Ok, mine might not clean bird poop, but he cleans the litter boxes:-)

Anonymous said...

The beast must be contained in his ship!

Slammy said...

I wasn't painting my hands. I was making designs on the rock with my palm prints. *sniff* thought you would realize that. RUSTY IS SO CUTE..... most of the time.

Milla said...

What a wonderful boat and its cute ginger pirate!

Dori said...

Hee hee, the Ginger Pirate! That is absolutely adorable.

I'm jealous about those $5 nest boxes. Why doesn't CA do that? Or do they?