Friday, March 13, 2009

Good Friday the 13th


On This Eclectic Life, learn about Only the Good Fridays and then you will know why I'm calling this Friday the 13th a good friday.

Fridays are always good because it is the end of the work and school week and we will soon be enjoying some free time, and an extra wink of sleep.  This weekend we are going to watch a concert, where Jr. will be playing in a saxophone quartet.  I heard them practice once, and it was beautiful; I love quartets.

The sun is shining!  That is very good.

I'm reading a good book, A New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle.
This is a very relaxing book, and one I need to memorize so that I can stop being a jerk, (oops, I hope that wasn't too negative).  Or maybe I can just remember this:  We are all one.

It's true that the more open you are to others, the more joy you will experience.  I have been witnessing this myself when I'm out and about.  Normally I tend to ignore strangers. But I've been paying more attention for a few days, trying to live in the present.  On Wednesday, a woman in a parking lot made my day.  She was voicing everything about the frigid weather that we're all feeling, saying she had to park way out from the store, away from the ice so she didn't break a hip, and that the cold was probably going to last into July and she'd have to cancel her vacation plans!  She cracked me up and I appreciated her diatribe, even though it was essentially negative.  Everyone is talking about spring out there, and everyone is anxious for it.  We're simple creatures, awaiting the return of the sun and life.

And here it is...It's...Alive!  

The Thyme and Lavender, growing right under the snow.
It's 18 degrees and sunny at 9:45 am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if its so good why didn't we go out to dinner.

Milla said...

Such a beautiful post, so full of positive energy.
Your encounter with the woman at the aprking lot made me laught -I work with someone just like her!

As always, your pictures are simply amazing.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Fridays are great. Piano lessons, dishes, school, homework. They're the best.
And not everyone is waiting for winter to end, Amaz was just complaining about how the snow was melting on Friday. Though she does exert a lot of negative energy.