Monday, March 9, 2009

Rusty's walk, cont.

It's a blizzard out there!

I took the above video last week when it was warm and we had a little thaw (oh how I miss it!) Rusty, as usual, would not cooperate with the director. In order to get him to walk forward, I had to walk as well, so please excuse the shaky camera action.
_____________________
I've been thinking about changing my template so I can get bigger pictures. Like the beautiful ones on Robin's Nesting Place . My pictures will never be that pretty unless I get a Canon EOS 50D with a 75-300 lens, like Robin uses, and learn to use it with her skill, but at least they'll be bigger!
_____________________
At any rate, she inspired me to put up a slideshow of my favorite flowers.
_____________________
I'm adding some more fabulous blogs to my list over there > There's a great variety of locations represented now: Idaho, (of course), California, Colorado, Hawaii, Texas, Indiana and London!
_____________________
I've also added some new websites lately, that help you find organic food in your area.
_____________________
If anyone knows of a good organic gardening website, please let me know. One that answers those important questions, like is it ok to use ashes from the fireplace on the garden, when you've been burning newspapers and stuff with inks of unknown origin on them? My guess would be no. I have yet to find a safe, easy, and effective form of fertlizer. It's the easy part that gets in my way. I have not committed to a serious composting system yet, but I know this is the best way to feed the garden. My system consists of a pile out in the open right now, where compost happens in geologic time.
______________________
It's 19 degrees and snowing at 10:00 am.

3 comments:

Gnome said...

Big pictures require a special template? Interesting...

Anonymous said...

that was slammy >_>

janet copenhaver said...

I just stopped over at Robin's blog. Wow, yes it would be cool for you to have larger photos like hers. You have such a wide variety of flowers to post, along with other cool photos.
Loved Rusty's video, smart cat!